Eduardo was born on 23 July 1991 in Mérida, Yucatán (Mexico). At ten years old, he began studying guitar under the guidance of his brother Juan Carlos Cervera. He then pursued further studies at CECUNY and at “Centro di Musica Jacinto Cuevas” with Maestro Jorge García and Maestro Manuel Rubio. He continued his formal training at the Faculty of Music of the University of Veracruz with Maestro Massimo Gatta. In 2010, he was admitted to the “Jacopo Tomadini” Conservatory of Music in Udine, Italy, where he attended the prestigious class run by Maestro Stefano Viola. Under his guidance, he obtained a Bachelor degree and, subsequently, a First Class Honours Master degree in Interpretation.
Eduardo has participated into several Master classes with Maestri Oscar Ghiglia, Zoran Dukic, Stefano Grondona, Paolo Pegoraro, Frederic Zigante, Luigi Attademo, Juan Carlos Laguna, Manuel Lopez Ramos, Alfredo Sanchez and Pavel Steidl.
He has performed in many important theatres and concert halls in Mexico, Spain, Italy, and Slovenia. Both as a soloist and with orchestras (including the Yucatan Symphonic Orchestra, the Camerata Academica of Merida directed by Luis Luna Guarneros, and the Yucatan Young Symphonic Orchestra directed by José Luis Chan Sabido), he has played the Concerts of Vivaldi, Ponce, and Castelnuovo-Tedesco.
He is honored of several national and international awards, including:
- “Premio Estatal de la Joventud” in Yucatán, Mexico, 2010.
- First Prize Award, “Premio ‘900”, and “Giuseppe Magnani” Award at V International Competition “Antonio Salieri” in Legnano (Verona), Italy.
- First Prize Award at I International Competition “Diapason d’Oro” 2015 in Pordenone, Italy.
- First Prize Winner, Category III, at IV European Classical Guitar Competition “Premio Enrico Mercatali” in Gorizia, Italy.
- First Prize Award at International Guitar Competition “Virtuosismo guitarrísitico” 2008 in Morelia, Mexico.
- First Prize Award, Young Category, at “Concurso Nacional de Interpretes de la guitarra Paracho 2005” in Paracho, Mexico.
- First Prize Award, Intermediate Category, at “Concurso Nacional de Interpretes de la guitarra Paracho 2008” in Paracho, Mexico.
- First Prize Award at II Classical Guitar Competition Merida 2007 in Merida, Mexico.
- Second Prize Award at National Competition of Taxco 2010 in Taxco, Mexico.
- Second Prize Award, Category IV, at V European Guitar Competition “Premio Enrico Mercatali” in Gorizia, Italy.
- Third Prize Award at National Classical Guitar Competition “Autunno BUAP” 2007 in Puebla, Mexico.
- Third Prize Award at XI International Classical Guitar Competition “Julian Arcas” 2009 (Sec. José Tomas) in Almeria, Spain.
He created and directed the “Festival Internacional de Guitarra Mérida” and “Ciclo de Guitarra en municipios del interior del estado de Yucatán” in México.
Since 2016 he formed “Osian duo” with the Italian flutist Chiara Boschian Cuch, a chamber music group specialized in modern and contemporary music. With Osian duo, they won the First prize at “XIV Concorso Internazionale di Musica Insieme” in Musile di Piave (Venice).
He contributes to the diffusion of music by the Mexican composer Roberto Abraham. In Italy, he performed the world premiere of his “Tre Pezzi” for guitar and of his “Suite” for flute and guitar.